How does co-creation work for IT projects and digital business?
Co-creation is an alternative to the classic “make or buy” decision. Instead of choosing an off-the-shelf digital product or awarding contract work, a company brings an experienced partner on board. The partner assumes joint responsibility for the digital product and its success. It therefore has a high level of self-interest and contributes its own resources.
Co-creation with Netcetera means developing a digital product together with an experienced technology and digitalization partner – from the idea to the right solution. The fundamental entrepreneurial spirit for this is part of Netcetera’s DNA: Using our strong business acumen, we jointly develop new business ideas and appropriate digital solutions. In doing so, we open up new digital business opportunities based on partnership.
What are the advantages of co-creation?
Co-creation partners combine their expertise: Instead of customers and contractors, there are co-thinkers and implementation partners.
At the same time, co-creation distributes risk across several partners. The partner companies can thus think bigger and beyond their own company boundaries. Co-creation projects are therefore often groundbreaking.
Co-creation provides companies the opportunity to create financially feasible digital solutions with a strong message for the entire industry and to further develop them over the long term.
Explore, Create, Grow – the advantages of co-creation at a glance:
- All co-creation partners have "skin in the game", which means they are keenly interested in a successful digital product.
- This results in more than a typical customer-service provider relationship: The partnership-based, iterative approach leads to faster time to market and better solutions.
- Compared to individual development, co-creation partners often conceptualize their digital solutions in broader terms: Why develop software just for your own company when you can use combined strengths to create a new industry standard and mutually benefit from it?
Division of tasks with co-creation: Who does what?
Co-creation relies on a holistic and partnership-based approach.
Companies know their target groups, their markets and their own processes. This is the foundation on which Netcetera can build upon as a digitalization and business partner: We have experts in digital business who design and develop promising business models. We also have implementation experience from hundreds of successful IT projects.
For which projects is co-creation particularly suitable?
Co-creation is a promising approach compared to individual development especially when fundamentally new solutions are conceived and implementation takes place on a larger scale.
Co-creation works particularly well for companies that:
- Are on the move in a dynamic market
- Want to optimize and learn iteratively and quickly
- Are open to new processes and digital business models
- Are able to rise above their own company level