The security and customer experience challenge
Consumers increasingly shop online, anytime, anywhere and from any device. Still, the shopping habits and needs of consumers differ depending on generation, individual background and digital affinity. At the same time, with the ongoing expansion of e-commerce, fraud with credit and debit cards is steadily on the rise. In addition to actual card theft, card details are being stolen and abused with electronic methods.
Against this background, you as the card issuer or bank are challenged to expand your security precautions to reduce the cases of fraud – while meeting the evolving expectations from your cardholders towards their means of payment, and while complying with a growing number of complex regulatory requirements.
3-D Secure service designed to meet your cardholders' expectations
The globally adopted 3-D Secure (3DS) standard increases security for online credit card transactions. 3-D Secure is commonly known under the web-shop quality labels «Verified by Visa», «Mastercard® Identity Check™ (SecureCode™)», «American Express SafeKey®», «Diners Club ProtectBuy®» or «JCB J/Secure™».
Built on 15 years' experience, Netcetera operates a comprehensive and flexible set of 3-D Secure services in order to best support card issuers' and banks' needs and requirements in a fast changing market.
- State-of-the-art Access Control Server (ACS) supporting 3DS 1.0 and 2.0 protocol
- Authentication methods that allow a positive payment experience for any consumer:
- Out-of-band (OOB): Cardholder confirms the transaction with a single click in a mobile app
- One-time passcode (OTP): Linked to the transaction data, delivered via text message, email or e-banking
- Risk-based authentication (RBA): Integrate transaction scoring to prevent unnecessary cardholder interaction
- Online registration portal for card enrollment and card management by the cardholder
- Standardized web services for straightforward integration with the issuer portal, backend-provisioning of cards, life cycle management
- Modern and user-friendly administration portal for back-office and call-center support, API for flexible integration
- Comprehensive reporting engine based on Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
Benefits for card issuers and banks
Your flexibility and efficiency is our goal
The Netcetera 3-D Secure Issuer Service is designed to support nearly any use case, and enables a fast onboarding and a wide adoption by cardholders. In addition to the high configurability of the service, short development cycles and a dedicated delivery team facilitate your 3DS solution.
We take care of new regulations, industry standards and complexity
The Netcetera ACS supports the EMVCo 3DS 2.0 and the 1.0 protocol. The requirements of the PSD2 can be fully met with the standard service. As an EMVCo Technical Associate we engage early with new trends in the payment industry and keep our services and products cutting-edge.
Highest security standards from a quality service provider
Netcetera operates a PCI DSS- and PCI 3DS-certified system, complying with the highest security standards, including all Visa, Mastercard® and American Express® requirements.
Are you interested to learn more about the Netcetera 3-D Secure Acquiring Products? Please visit our product microsite for more details and latest news.